Saturday, December 14, 2013

LADY GAGA ARTPOP ALBUM REVIEW PART 1



Lady Gaga Artpop Tracklist:
1) Aura
2) Venus
3) G.U.Y.
4) Sexxx Dreams
5) Jewels n' Drugs
6) Manicure
7) Do What U Want
8) Artpop
9) Swine
10) Donatella
11) Fashion!
12) Mary Jane Holland
13) Dope
14) Gypsy
15) Applause

So let me start reviewing the tracks step by step :)
The first track which is Aura

Aura



Basically when I first heard this song is when it was leaked out, first heard, I didn't really love it. It was actually more like a culture shock, never knew that this kind of song can actually exist. As it reach the lyrics of "Hahahahahaha...." It kinds of creep me out at first. But this song slowly grew into me. This song has a really sick beat, which really give an exciting music experience to the audience, literally eargasm. I love the feel of the song, well, Lady Gaga always do well in shocking her fans. This is no exception. But just one thing about this track is that I actually love the leaked version more than actual version of Aura. Oh well, but overall, Aura is really a good dance party song. Oh and it sounds like the new version of ScheiBe from Born This Way album.

Venus



This track Venus definitely give me another "song culture shock". The sudden transition of the song was kind of awkward at first, but just like Aura, it sounds better and better after I listen to it. I love bold and strength Lady Gaga used in this track. It kind of reminds me of Judas. My favourite part of the song is definitely "Uranus, don't you know my ass is famous!". All in all, it is not bad, but I think it will disintegrate as time pass.

G.U.Y.

Well, this song, it doesn't really struck me like Aura or Venus. Not that I don't like it, just that I feel like this song doesn't make me feels like listening it again and again. To be honest, the abbreviation for G.U.Y. (Girl Under You) doesn't make it for me either, just unnecessary I guess? Well, just my personal opinion

Sexxx Dreams

I know a lot of little monster love this song. But again, it doesn't struck me as hard like Aura and Venus. Maybe this kind of genre like Alejandro is not really my thing. But I think Gaga actually did not a bad job in this song, but just not my thing.

Jewels n' Drugs

Hmmm... how should I even start this. In Lady Gaga's tweet, she said her favourite song is Jewels n' Drugs. I put quite a high hope to this song. But wow, like again, it gave me a shock, Gaga singing hip hop?? I don't know, it feels out of place in the whole album, not that I hate this song, but I feel like this song doesn't really stand out like some other of her songs, feels odd that Lady Gaga doing hip hop. This is just my own personal opinion.

Manicure

The 80's/90's feel of this song just sounds amazing. This song manicure I think is pretty awesome. Manicure!

Do What U Want



This song is R&B which is really different from her style. To be honest, this song is OK, but just not as awesome as some. In her interview this year, she said her thoughts about Do What U Want track, this song actually means a lot to her, and when she think using R&B as the music of the song track, she actually wonders if anyone will take this song serious or not. I feel that this song lyrics can be pretty amazing if she make it something like "Marry The Night", first heard that song, it doesn't really make me think of any deeper meaning inside, just "Do what you want with my body", but after her performance at Alan Carr, it actually gives me another thought and view about this song, the performance was glorious and amazing. She showcased her amazing vocals, which really wows me.


READ ARTPOP ALBUM REVIEW PART 2

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...