Sunday, December 15, 2013

Lady Gaga Artpop Album Review Part 2



Artpop

This song itself has this very SPACE feeling, which undeniably is quite catchy to me. The melody and lyrics combination just gives a hybrid, artsy, fluid feelings. Just like sex in the ears. ARTPOP ARTPOP ARTPOP. The soft way she sings in this song really represents how she wants the album to present to her fans, a combination of art and pop. Her Artpop could mean anything.

Swine

When she first announced the name of this track, I know Gaga is going to do it again, using weird name for her tracks, which she nails it every single time like Lady Gaga's Telephone, Hair, Teeth, I mean who will think of using all this weird object to make it into a song, a metaphor. This track, Swine, really stand out in her album, at first I thought it's going to be more a rock ballad, but instead it's actually combination of rock and pop dance. I really loves the way she sings it so hard as if she puts everything to it, and the moment she squeals like a pig, it is definitely another music culture shock! :D In a nutshell, this track is catchy and has amazing beat!

Donatella

This song reminds me of Beautiful Dirty Rich. But this track is pretty awesome too, I like the bitchy way she sings this song which makes you feel like a boss! :D Donatella!

Fashion!

Oh my god. The starting of the song is SO GOOD! The starting makes me feels like a fairy flying in the air, through the clouds, poof~ Looking good and feeling fine! The part really sounds damn awesome! Just makes me feels GOOD AND FINE! :) Then there is a slight transition in the song, with a slow 80's feel but also mixture of Gaga's style. This song from the starting to the end the feel just keep changing, a really fresh kind of genre from Lady Gaga, it is not rigid, it is fluid, awesome :)

Mary Jane Holland

This song well, I can't really say it sounds good, mmmhmm, not that hate it, just don't like it? If that make sense, well, just feel that this song is a bit cluttered compare to others, too much elements inside, can't really handle it. Well, maybe not my taste.

Dope



Dope. It was actually Wanna be with you at first, but changed to Dope, maybe this title is more catchy and makes people think more. It is another Speechless, You And I in this album. To be honest, I think Dope is not as good as both Speechless and You And I, well you may say you can't compare to both song, it is different. The melody is serious and really expresses her thoughts and feelings. She stripped of everything in it, just her voice and piano. It is beautiful, just think that it is not as good as some of her ballad.

Gypsy



First when I heard this song! I was DAMN! This is her BEST SONG in Artpop album! It sounds like Hair in her previous Born This Way album. But it is different in a good way, I think that compare to Hair, the lyrics is maybe not that strong and appeal to me, but when the chorus struck, this song just blossoms into rainbow and shooting stars. This track also really proves that Lady Gaga can sing, her vocal is amazing. Besides, I love when she just randomly sings out all the name of the country like I don't speak German but I try. Which include the word Malaysia too! :) Awesome song! Love it!

Applause



This song is for all the Little Monsters, the appreciation for all the love and applause which let Lady Gaga grew throughout her music journey. I think this song is awesome, but maybe not the best in her album. During her various performances, she used different approach of performances to this song which really gives a fresh breath to the music industry.


CONCLUSION

I think Artpop is another approach of Lady Gaga to present her music which really goes back to more of her Fame album days. But in my opinion, Born This Way album still the one album which really stole my heart away, it's an amazing album. Artpop is great album all in all, looking forward to Lady Gaga's artRAVE tour!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...